VEREGEN, 10%, OINTMENT
This medication is typically used for genital warts (condyloma).
How to use this medication
This product must be used according to the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. For more information, read the instructions in the package carefully.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
It is not advisable to bandage or cover the treated area.
WARNING: Wash off the treated areas carefully before having protected sexual contact. The ointment may weaken condoms and vaginal diaphragms.
It is recommended to wear dark underwear since this product may stain clothing and bedding.
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
If you forget a dose, simply skip it and then take the next dose at the regularly scheduled time.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause local pain;
- it could cause water retention and swelling;
- it may cause stinging or itching;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- it may cause local redness;
- it may cause skin ulceration.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Once opened, the product must be used within 42 days. Any unused portion should be discarded.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.