Scope and Application
The Personal Information we collect and Why we collect it
We collect certain personal information and create a file on our clients, Website users and anyone else who communicates with us, in particular when they obtain or purchase our services, take advantage of our offers, discounts or benefits, sign up to receive our newsletter or email notification about our online flyer, request information or participate in a contest or promotional activity. This file will normally comprise their name, address, telephone numbers, email address, age bracket, preferred language of communication, Aeroplan card number if they are an Aeroplan member, information about the products and services purchased or suggested, as well as offers, discounts and benefits they are availing themselves of and, in some cases, information on their preferences and purchasing habits.
We generally collect and use this information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the products and services requested;
- To register you for a points card or other type of loyalty card;
- To process your photo development orders;
- To organize promotional activities and contact contest winners;
- To send you information about our products and services, our newsletters, email alerts for our online flyers and to answer your questions;
- To improve our Website content;
- For use in marketing studies and surveys;
- To design, improve or market products and services or provide you with information that might interest you.
You can choose to receive correspondence from Uniprix by keeping the appropriate box checked on the form or in other documents, as the case may be. You can unsubscribe from Uniprix correspondence at any time and are provided the opportunity to do so with each correspondence. Please consult the section below entitled "Information" for more details on this.
If you have consented to receive these types of notices, Uniprix may occasionally, send you by email, mail or other channels special offers, discounts or other benefits pertaining to its products and services or those of its partners. These offers may at times be tailored to your interests, the products you purchased, the services you use or any other information we have about you, in order to transmit the offers that might be of special interest to you.
Please note that promotional contests are always subject to specific rules, which are more fully described in the contest rules available through our Website or other sources.
Computer Data on our Website
We may sometimes collect information that is not of a personal nature, such as the type of Internet browser or operating system you use or the domain name from which you were linked to our Website. Furthermore, when you visit our Websites, we can insert a data file on your computer, such as a cookie or other file of similar nature. Cookies allow us to keep certain types of information about the use you make of our Website, including the date of your most recent visit, the pages you consulted and the files you downloaded. Cookies allow us to adapt our Website to your interests and preferences.
When you sign on to our Website, Uniprix may link the information thus obtained to your personal information.
Most Internet browsers allow you to erase these cookies from your computer's hard drive, to block them or to receive a warning before they are downloaded. Please refer to your browser's instructions to find out more about these functions. If you refuse the cookies, you will nonetheless have access to the website but your navigation may be affected and you may not be able to benefit from certain services for which registration is required.
How your Personal Information is Stored and Communicated
Uniprix will keep personal information for a reasonable period of time, until it fulfils specified objectives or as is required by law, whichever is longer. We establish retention criteria based on the type of information collected.
Once specified objectives have been fulfilled and personal information is no longer required, or if a person has requested that we delete his or her information, it is made anonymous or is destroyed in order to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure.
We never divulge your personal information to anyone outside Uniprix without your consent, with the exception of:
- Entities in our group or connected with Uniprix;
- Our suppliers of products and services, organizations or individuals whose services have been retained to perform certain duties on our behalf (for example, providers of photo development services, those that organize and manage Uniprix promotions, data processing and electronic payment providers or record management suppliers, etc.) Uniprix takes all contractual or other measures necessary to ensure that its employees and all providers of products or services use your personal information only for purposes of providing you or Uniprix with these products or services and that they provide such personal information with a level of protection comparable to that provided by Uniprix to personal information in its possession;
- Any entity resulting from a merger or change in control of Uniprix, in whole or in part, provided that the parties enter into an agreement that this information will only be collected, used or communicated as required to meet the objectives of the commercial transaction;
- Any public authority as required by law.
We will not disclose your personal information to a promotional partner without your express consent to do so.
Information involving Third Parties
Email addresses of friends and their personal information provided by you to invite them to enter contests, to take advantage of promotions or to forward a page from our Website is not collected or saved in any form by Uniprix unless your friends have provided their own personal information and have agreed to receive information from us.
Personal Information on Children under the age of 13
The information on our Websites is not intended for children under the age of 13. Uniprix does not knowingly collect personal information on such children without the express consent of their parents or legal guardians.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: 1 800 361 0845
- By mail: 5000 Métropolitain Blvd East, St-Léonard, Québec H1S 3G7