XERESE, 5+1%, CREAM
This medication is typically used for cold sores. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be applied on the skin. To use:
- clean the affected area;
- apply small amount of the product and limit the application to the affected area.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This product is to be applied only to affected areas. Avoid touching it with your fingers. To apply, use a finger cot (fingerstall) or an applicator.
Continue applying the product to complete the prescribed course of treatment, even after improvement is seen or felt.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause chapped lips;
- it may cause a stinging sensation;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.