ALDARA P, 5%, CREAM
This medication is typically used for genital warts (condyloma). It may also be used for the treatment of skin cancer, for actinic keratosis, as well as for other uses. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used 3 times a week. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- occasionally, it may cause stinging and/or itching;
- it may cause tissues to break down at the site where the medication is used;
- it could cause water retention and swelling;
- it may cause local redness.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.