Time to zoom in on toning lotion!
What is toning lotion, anyway?
Toning lotions are water-based products enhanced with a range of active ingredients, such as precious botanical extracts, each with its own beneficial properties. For example:
- Camomile (for softening and soothing sensitive or dry skin)
- Rose (especially good for toning)
- Tea (especially good for toning)
- Iris (astringent: for tightening pores)
- Witch hazel (astringent, decongestant, purifying)
Role of toning lotion
- Removes impurities (pollutants, makeup residue, traces of makeup remover, sebum)
- Stimulates (yes, it tones!) and refreshes skin
- Prepares skin for moisturizers (day and night creams)
- Balances skin’s natural pH level
Toning lotion leaves skin:
- Toned (of course!)
- Soft and smooth
How to use toning lotion
Toning lotion should be used morning and night. You simply apply it to your face with a cosmetic pad (being sure to avoid the eye contour area).
- In the morning, it can be used to cleanse skin by removing any sebum accumulated during the night.
- At night, toning lotion completes makeup removal (start by using your makeup remover and follow with toning lotion to rid skin of any remaining cosmetics or skin care products).