Did you know that 9 in 10 women have cellulite? It’s actually a normal part of life, since women have more body fat than men.
The more fatty tissue there is, the greater the build-up of toxins in the body. Toxins block blood vessels, causing blood to flow less freely. This, in turn, hardens the tissue. The result is orange-peel skin.
So let’s stop feeling guilty and start working on solving the problem or preventing it!
- Your first question: Are you at a healthy weight? Being overweight or obese is the number 1 enemy when it comes to cellulite. You’ll want to keep an eye on your body mass index.
- Exercise on a regular basis: jogging, walking, cycling, swimming and toning exercises for the thighs, buttocks and abdomen.
- Watch what you eat: plenty of fruit and vegetables, limited fat, sugar and salt intake. And most importantly, drink lots of water!
- Avoid combining carbohydrates with fats especially at the evening meal. Instead of rice, pasta or bread, try serving a side dish of vegetables.
- To eliminate stored fat, give yourself regular massages using the “palpate-roll” technique on affected areas. It’s a great way to stimulate circulation.
- Use anti-cellulite products every day, ideally on a regular basis throughout the year.
How do you choose the right product? In the list of active ingredients, look for caffeine, ivy and/or xanthoxyline. And to get the results you want, remember to always exfoliate the skin before each application.
For more information, talk to your Uniprix beauty consultant!