Tips for choosing the right foundation
Choosing the right foundation is not as easy as you may think. Quite the contrary! But knowing your skin type and following these valuable tips will help you find the product that suits you to a tee.
Evaluating your needs
Before you start, answer these 5 questions to pinpoint exactly what you need when it comes to your foundation:
- What is my skin type? Dry, normal, oily?
- What is my skin undertone? Pink, yellow or in-between?
- Does my skin have specific needs? Lines, wrinkles, sagging, etc.?
- What type of coverage do I want? Light, medium or total?
- What type of hold am I looking for? All day or just the evening?
Tell me your skin type and I’ll show you the right foundation!
- For normal skin, choose a liquid foundation. It is not overly oily and contains a touch of powder, which helps to even out skin tone. A compact powder foundation is another good option.
- For dry skin, try a cream foundation; it is richer and has greater moisturizing power.
- For oily skin, select a matifying, oil-absorbing foundation. They are oil free, so they won’t clog pores.
- For acne-prone skin, use a correcting foundation. Ultra-rich in pigments, it masks skin’s imperfections, such as pimples and scars.
- For mature skin, opt for a smoothing foundation. It makes skin look younger thanks to particles that reflect light all over the face, reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
The do’s of picking the right foundation
- Always try a foundation before buying it. Ask if they offer samples or trial sizes.
- Test the foundation along your jaw line. It’s the ideal spot to make sure there will be no demarcation line.
- Try foundation on bare skin – no makeup. That way you’ll get more accurate results.
- Choose a foundation that matches your complexion – not darker, not lighter. If you want to illuminate your skin, use blush or bronzing powder instead.
Ready for personalized advice? Visit your local Uniprix today! One of our beauty consultants will be happy to help you.
The pharmacy services presented in this section are offered by pharmacist owners who are affiliated with Uniprix. The pharmacists are solely responsible for the professional activities carried out during the practice of pharmacy. These services are offered in participating pharmacies only. Certain fees and conditions may apply.
* The information contained herein is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide complete information on the subject matter or to replace the advice of a health professional. This information does not constitute medical consultation, diagnosis or opinion and should not be interpreted as such. Please consult your health care provider if you have any questions about your health, medications or treatment.