Your dream wedding dress fits like a glove. Your bouquet is fabulous; your accessories, subtle; your shoes, feminine. Now it’s time to put together the perfect beauty kit for the big day.
Makeup: Natural or glam?
Most brides opt for a simple, natural look and add a few touches of dazzle here and there. However, some decide to be more daring and choose the ultra-seductive smokey eye, for example.
The important thing is to make sure your makeup matches your style, your personality and your dress. That’s why you should do a few trial runs before the big event.
When it comes to creating a gorgeous look that will stay put for hours and bring out your best features, you’ll want to have certain cosmetics on hand.
Primer for face and eyelids
- Smooth over face and eyelids before applying makeup. Primers help extend the hold of other cosmetics and even out the complexion.
- Apply concealer starting from the inner corner of the eye, moving outward. Concealer can also be used to hide redness, blemishes and other minor flaws.
Long-wear foundation (12 to 14 hours)
- Choose a light, natural and luminous foundation.
- Try a light-reflecting powder in an easy-to-carry compact. Use it to touch up your makeup throughout the day.
Blush in a pearly or satiny finish
- Make sure it matches your lipstick.
Black lengthening, curving or volumizing mascara
- To avoid the raccoon look should you shed a few tears on your big day, select waterproof mascara.
- Go for a matte hue that matches your eyebrow’s natural colour. (Well-groomed, well-shaped eyebrows will structure your face and highlight your eyes.)
- Take the time to choose the right shade. Your best bet is a long-wear lipstick. Use it with lip liner to further extend its hold.
Makeup setting mist
- Apply when makeup is complete. It will boost the hold of other products for hours.
To up the glam factor a bit, you can also add these articles to your beauty kit.
- Apply sparingly to the forehead, nose, chin, cheekbones, temples and décolleté.
- Select lashes that come in strips. They are easier to apply and give more natural results.
Portable beauty kit basics
On D-Day, pack a mini beauty kit for last-minute touch-ups. You’ll need:
- Paper tissues
- A comb
- Bobby pins
- Travel-size hair spray
- Blotting papers (to eliminate shine and freshen your complexion)
- Spray mist
- Loose powder
Need help choosing your products? Drop by to meet our beauty consultants. They can steer you in the right direction.