PREVEGYNE, 250MG, VAGINAL TAB.
This medication is typically used for bacterial infections of the vagina. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be used vaginally. Use the product for the prescribed period of time and follow the directions for use included in the package. When applying this product, you may feel a slight irritation at first. If the irritation becomes severe or continues longer than a few minutes, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, a treatment with this medication lasts several days. Use it for the entire time prescribed in order to achieve the medication's full benefit.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause vaginal discharge;
- it may cause stinging or itching;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.