NIC ASSIST, 4MG, GUM
This product contains nicotine, a substance present in cigarettes. Typically, it is used to help quit smoking.
How to use this medication
This pharmacologic treatment should be an integral part of a global treatment program that could include supportive psychological, educational or other measures.
Use this product according to the package's instructions.
This cigarette substitute contains nicotine. Refrain from smoking during the entire time you are using this substitute.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may increase your appetite;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause hiccups;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may increase your heart rate.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.