SAXENDA, 18MG/3ML, INJ.PEN
This medication is typically used for obesity.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Use it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this. You should take this medication at approximately the same time each day.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. If more than 3 days have elapsed since the last dose, contact your pharmacist. This medication may be taken with or without food.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause indigestion;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. After its first use, keep it at room temperature and discard any unused portion after 30 days.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.