PRIVA SILDENAFIL, 50MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for erectile problems in men. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
Certain heart medication (nitrates) must be avoided while taking this product. If in doubt, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
This medication does not produce erections by itself. It simply facilitates erections with sexual arousal. It may be taken with or without food. Taking it with a high fat meal, however, can delay its onset. Consuming alcohol with this product may cause side effets such as dizziness or headaches. Moreover, alcohol consumption may decrease the ability to get an erection. Limit alcohol consumption during treatment.
Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice during your treatment. Grapefruit can seriously affect how this medication works.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause nasal irritation or stuffiness;
- it may cause indigestion;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause redness of the face;
- it may temporarily affect your ability to perceive colour.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
If you have an erection which lasts continuously for 4 hours or more, you should contact a doctor immediately.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.