SEPTA ZOLMITRIPTAN ODT, 2.5MG, DESINT. TAB.
This medication is typically used to relieve migraines. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
For greater effectiveness and faster relief, use this product at the first sign of a migraine.
Avoid touching the tablet or take it with dry hands. Place the tablet on your tongue and allow it to melt. Then swallow it with your saliva. The tablet should not be split or crushed.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
This medication may be taken with or without food.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause numbness and a decreased sensitivity to touch;
- it may cause stiffness of the neck and jaw.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.