RAGWITEK, 12U, S/L TABLET
This desensitization treatment contains short ragweed pollens. Typically, it is used for allergic rhinitis. It requires a few months to take effect.
How to use this medication
Place the tablet under the tongue. Let it dissolve without chewing or swallowing it.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. The first dose must be taken at the doctor's office. Patients must be watched for at least 30 minutes after each dose.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. This medication must be taken without food or water. Do not drink or eat for 5 minutes after taking the dose.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause ear itching;
- it may cause oral itching;
- it may irritate your throat;
- it may cause inflammation of the mouth;
- it may cause numbness and a decreased sensitivity to touch;
- it may cause tongue itching.
To remain effective, this product must be kept in its original packaging. Do not transfer it to another container. As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.