PMS CICLOPIROX, 8%, LACQUER
This medication contains a topical antifungal drug. Typically, it is used for fungal infections of the nails. It requires a few months to take effect.
How to use this medication
Directions for use:
- remove any loose nail or nail pieces using nail clippers or nail files.
- apply once daily over the entire nail, the skin right around the nail and on the bottom side where possible.
- let air dry about 30 seconds and wait 8 hours before taking a bath or shower.
- close the bottle tightly.
If you forget a dose, apply it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed one. Do not apply more to try to catch up.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- it may cause local irritation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.