PROLIA, 60MG/1ML, INJ.SYRINGE
This medication is typically used for osteoporosis. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few months.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause difficulty breathing;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause a cough.
Keep this product in the refrigerator. If stored at room temperature, it will remain effective for 30 days only. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.