KOGENATE FS, 3000IU, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used to prevent and treat bleeding.
How to use this medication
This drug is usually administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a health care professional. Specialists have established various protocols for the administration of this drug. The dose and method used to administer this drug have therefore been tailored to your specific medical condition.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may cause a general feeling of weakness;
- it may reduce your blood clotting ability;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site.
If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
This information handout only provides an overview of your treatment. Given the complex nature of your treatment, you will receive information that is much more comprehensive and that deals specifically with your needs. Make sure that you have all the relevant information regarding your medication.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.