SANDOZ RISEDRONATE, 35MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for osteoporosis. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few months.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a week. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Because it may cause esophageal irritation, this product must be swallowed with a large glass of water. Avoid lying down for at least 30 minutes after taking it. It is not advisable to split, chew or crush this medication since it may irritate your mouth and gastrointestinal tract.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication must be taken in the morning on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before eating. It must be taken with plain water only, even orange juice or coffee can decrease its absorption.
To ensure effectiveness, avoid taking milk, dairy products, antacids or mineral supplements (calcium, iron, magnesium or zinc) for at least 30 minutes after taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause joint pain;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may increase your risk of stomach ulcers.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.