SATIVEX, 27+25MG/ML, ORAL SPRAY
This medication is typically used to assist in the treatment of pain. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
Use this product according to the package's instructions.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. To be effective, this product must be mixed well. Shake the bottle several times before using the medication.
Avoid consuming alcohol or alcohol-containing products while taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause drowsiness.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. After its first use, keep it at room temperature and ask your pharmacist how long you can keep this medication.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential and men who are taking the medication should use an effective contraceptive method during treatment and for several months after the end of it. Ask your healthcare professional for details.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.