SANDOZ TRIFLURIDINE, 1%, EYE DROPS
This medication is typically used for eye infections caused by herpes. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is for the eye. To use:
- wash your hands as well as the skin surrounding the affected eye;
- gently pull down the lower lid of the affected eye;
- apply 1 drop of the medication;
- close the eye for 2 to 3 minutes, while gently pressing on the inner corner of the eye.
Continue applying the product to complete the prescribed course of treatment, even after improvement is seen or felt.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Once opened, the product must be used within 28 days. Any unused portion should be discarded.
You should not wear contact lenses for the whole treatment period of the infection. Use new lenses or ensure a meticulous cleaning of your lenses once the infection is cleared.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.