PAMIDRONATE, 3MG/ML, INJECTABLE
This medication is typically used as part of chemotherapy. It may also be used for Paget's disease, for hypercalcemia (too much calcium in the blood), as well as for other uses. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
Once diluted, this medication is usually administered into a vein (intravenously) over a number of hours by a health professional.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause difficulty breathing;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause flu-like symptoms;
- it may cause a cough.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate or allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.