PMS PREDNISOLONE, 1MG/ML, ORAL LIQUID
This medication contains an anti-inflammatory drug from the cortisone family (corticosteroid). Typically, it is used to relieve inflammation and pain, as an adrenal gland hormone supplement or to control asthma and prevent crisis. It produces its action on its first day of use.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, a treatment with this medication lasts several days. Take it for the entire time prescribed in order to achieve the medication's full benefit.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. To ensure exact dosage, measure each dose with an accurate device, such as an oral dosing syringe.
It is not advisable to stop using this product suddenly, particularly if you have been on it for several weeks. If you are considering stopping the medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist first. This medication may irritate the stomach, and should be taken with food.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may increase your appetite;
- it may cause unwanted hair growth;
- it may cause indigestion;
- it may cause sleep disturbances or insomnia;
- it may cause nervousness or anxiety;
- it could cause water retention and swelling.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.