CLINDOXYL, 1+5%, GEL
This medication is typically used for acne. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be applied on the skin. To use:
- clean the affected area;
- apply a small quantity, and limit the application to the affected area.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
This product may discolour hair or clothing that it comes into contact with. Use caution when applying it.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Apply it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effect.
Continue applying the product to complete the prescribed course of treatment, even after improvement is seen or felt. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness and peeling of the skin;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or sun lamps -- wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible;
- it can cause dryness of the skin;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. After its first use, keep it at room temperature and discard any unused portion after 60 days.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.