SUPREFACT DEPOT, 9.45MG, INJ.IMPLANT
This medication is typically used for the treatment of prostate cancer. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is usually injected under the skin (subcutaneously) by a health professional.
Use this medication regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause hot flashes;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause back pain;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may lower your sex drive (libido);
- it may cause difficulty with erection.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not allow it to freeze.
Although the drugs you are taking are intended to help you, they can be harmful to those around you. Make sure that a professional who oversees your treatment has given you all the necessary precautions.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.