XENICAL, 120MG, CAPSULE
This medication is typically used for obesity. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is more effective if used in conjunction with an appropriate diet and exercise program.
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. This medication is more effective if taken with food. Always take it with a meal or a snack.
If you skip a meal, skip your mealtime dose of this medication as well. Avoid taking multivitamins within 2 hours (before or after) of this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause abdominal discomfort;
- it may affect menstruation (irregular or absence of menses);
- it may cause fatty stools and oily discharge from the rectum;
- it may create the urgent need to have a bowel movement.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.