XENICAL, 120MG, CAPSULE
This medication is typically used for obesity. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is more effective if used in conjunction with an appropriate diet and exercise program.
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. This medication is more effective if taken with food. Always take it with a meal or a snack.
If you skip a meal, skip your mealtime dose of this medication as well. Avoid taking multivitamins within 2 hours (before or after) of this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause abdominal discomfort;
- it may cause fatty stools and oily discharge from the rectum;
- it may create the urgent need to have a bowel movement;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may affect menstruation (irregular or absence of menses).
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.