INTRON A ALBUMIN FREE, 10MIU/ML, INJECTABLE
This medication is typically used for the treatment of skin cancer, for hepatitis B or for hepatitis C. It may also have other uses. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this.
If you drink alcohol, a moderate consumption is recommended. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor to find out exactly how much alcohol you can drink.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause chills;
- it may cause flu-like symptoms;
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.