CODULAX, 5MG, ENTERIC TAB.
This medication is a laxative. Typically, it is used to ease constipation. Its effects can be noticed within a few hours.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used only as needed.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication should be swallowed whole. It should not be split, crushed or chewed.
To ensure effectiveness, avoid taking an antacid at the same time. This medication should not be taken with food. It is best taken on an empty stomach, one hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
It is recommended to drink plenty of water while using this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause stomach ache and cramps;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause diarrhea.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.