OCTOSTIM, 150MCG/VAP, NASAL SPRAY
This medication is typically used for a bleeding disorder known as type A hemophilia or for von Willebrand's disease. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
This product is to be sprayed into the nostrils. To use:
- blow your nose to clear your nostrils;
- DO NOT SHAKE the container before use;
- tilt your head forward slightly;
- spray the prescribed dose into the nostrils, breathing normally - do not sniff deeply;
- wait 15 minutes after using the product before blowing your nose.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand.
To avoid water intoxication, make sure you received all the information about fluid intake during treatment. Consuming alcohol may modify the effect of this product. Avoid alcohol consumption during treatment.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause nasal irritation or stuffiness;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause redness of the face;
- when used, it may cause local irritation;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.