APO KETOCONAZOLE, 200MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used to treat fungal infections. It may also have other uses. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Your doctor has prescribed this medication for a specific period of time. Take it for the entire time prescribed in order to achieve the medication's full benefit, even if you begin to feel better sooner.
This medication is more effective if taken with food. Always take it with a meal or a snack. To ensure effectiveness, avoid taking an antacid within 2 hours (before or after) of this medication. Also avoid mineral supplements (calcium, iron, magnesium or zinc).
Take this medication with orange juice, if possible. Consuming alcohol may intensify the toxicity of this product. Limit alcohol consumption to occasional small quantities.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may affect your liver and may lead to jaundice in rare cases;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause stinging or itching;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause drowsiness -- use caution when driving.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.