FRAXIPARINE, 2850IU/0.3ML, INJ.SYRINGE
This medication thins the blood and prevents blockage of blood vessels. It acts on certain blood elements involved in the coagulation process. Typically, it is used for deep vein thrombosis (blood clots). It may also be used for the prevention of blood clots. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect within a few hours.
How to use this medication
This product thins the blood and prevents blockage of blood vessels. It belongs to the family of low-molecular weight heparins.
It must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously) in the abdominal region, according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time.
WARNING: If you injure yourself, prolonged bleeding may occur. Report any excessive or unusual bleeding to your doctor. To reduce the risk of bleeding, do not consume alcohol, make any significant dietary changes, or take acetylsalicylic acid (ASA, e.g., Aspirin) unless prescribed by your doctor.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause pain at the injection site;
- it may cause bruising at the injection site;
- it may reduce your blood clotting ability -- use extra caution to avoid injury.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate or allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.