REQUIP, 0.25MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for Parkinson's disease. It may also be used for restless legs syndrome. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication should be swallowed whole. It should not be split, crushed or chewed.
If you forget a dose, contact your pharmacist. This medication may be taken with or without food. If it were, however, to cause nausea, taking the product with food could provide relief.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- occasionally, it may cause trembling and involuntary movements (also known as dyskinesia);
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause heavy perspiration.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.