PMS CARBAMAZEPINE, 200MG, CHEWABLE TAB
This medication is typically used for bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness) or for epilepsy. It may also be used to assist in the treatment of pain, as well as for other uses.
How to use this medication
This medication may be chewed, crushed or swallowed whole.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. It is not advisable to stop using this product suddenly, particularly if you have been on it for several weeks. If you are considering stopping the medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist first.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. This medication may irritate the stomach, and should be taken with food. It is best to avoid coffee, spicy food or alcohol.
Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice during your treatment. Grapefruit can seriously affect how this medication works. Consuming alcohol may intensify the toxicity of this product. Avoid or limit alcohol consumption during treatment.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or sun lamps -- wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible;
- it may cause weight gain, mostly with prolonged use;
- it may cause blurred vision.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
Wear a Medic-Alert TM bracelet stating that you are taking this product.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.