KWELLADA P, 1%, CONDITIONER
This medication is typically used for the treatment of head lice. It may also have other uses.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be applied to the hair. To use:
- wash your hair with regular shampoo and dry it with a clean towel;
- work the lotion thoroughly into your hair;
- leave the lotion on your hair for 10 minutes, then rinse it off thoroughly.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
After treatment, comb your hair carefully with a fine comb to remove all nits. This is easier if the hair is wet. Thoroughly clean any materials and clothing, including hats and scarves that may have been in contact with the lice. Wash these items in warm water or have them dry-cleaned.
This medication is typically used as a single application. Is is to be used once and then again 7 or 9 days later. Follow the instructions provided by your pharmacist.
To avoid re-infection, thoroughly clean and vacuum the entire house. Wash the bedding and clothing of the person who has been treated. Also, wash all used bath towels and dry them in the dryer for at least 30 minutes.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- occasionally, it may cause stinging and/or itching;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.