NITROLINGUAL, 0.4MG, ORAL SPRAY
This medication is a vasodilator (it dilates the blood vessels). Typically, it is used to relieve angina (chest pain due to a heart condition). Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
This medication must be easily accessible at any time.
Use this product according to the package's instructions.
Use the medication at the first sign of an attack. Sit or lie down after using it. If you don't feel better within 5 minutes, you may use up to 2 more doses, each 5 minutes apart. If you are still not better after 3 doses, seek medical attention immediately.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause palpitations (rapid and strong heart beat);
- it may lower your blood pressure, which could cause weakness and/or dizziness;
- it may cause redness of the face.
This product is sensitive to heat. Store it at room temperature, in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.