MYLAN CYCLOBENZAPRINE, 10MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for muscle spasms. It may also have other uses. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
The dosage of this medication depends on what it is used for. Depending on the circumstance, it may be used regularly or only as needed. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. This medication may be taken with or without food. If it were, however, to cause stomach problems (nausea or irritation), taking the product with food could provide relief.
Consuming alcohol may intensify the effect of this product. It is therefore advisable to avoid consuming alcohol or alcohol-containing products while taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause blurred vision and dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may alter your sense of taste.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Rarely, this product causes potentially severe reactions, mostly if taken at high doses or with some other drugs. If you experience agitation, confusion, diarrhea, fever, tremor and muscular rigidity or contractions you should contact your doctor.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.