TEVA KETOCONAZOLE, 200MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used to treat fungal infections. It may also have other uses. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Your doctor has prescribed this medication for a specific period of time. Take it for the entire time prescribed in order to achieve the medication's full benefit, even if you begin to feel better sooner.
This medication is more effective if taken with food. Always take it with a meal or a snack. To ensure effectiveness, avoid taking an antacid within 2 hours (before or after) of this medication. Also avoid mineral supplements (calcium, iron, magnesium or zinc).
Take this medication with orange juice, if possible. Consuming alcohol may intensify the toxicity of this product. Limit alcohol consumption to occasional small quantities.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may affect your liver and may lead to jaundice in rare cases;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause stinging or itching;
- it may cause drowsiness -- use caution when driving.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.