FORADIL AEROLIZER, 12MCG, POWDER INH.
This medication contains a bronchodilator (it dilates the bronchi). Typically, it is used to control asthma symptoms. It may also be used for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), as well as for other uses. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
This product must be inhaled by mouth. Carefully follow the package's instructions. If needed, ask your pharmacist for additional information or for a demonstration.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Use it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause palpitations (rapid and strong heart beat);
- it may cause shakiness.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.