IMITREX NASAL, 20MG, NASAL SPRAY
This medication is typically used to relieve migraines. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
IMPORTANT: Each bottle contains only a single dose. Do not waste any of the product by spraying it in the air as a test.
This product must be used in one nostril only. To use:
- if necessary, blow your nose gently before using the medication;
- block one nostril, breathe out gently through your mouth and place the tip of the nasal spray in the other nostril;
- keep your head upright and close your mouth - do not tilt your head or lie down;
- spray the medication in one nostril and breathe in gently - do not sniff deeply;
- keep your head upright for a few seconds and breathe in gently through your nose and out through your mouth.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may leave an unpleasant taste in the mouth;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause nasal irritation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.