IMITREX NASAL, 5MG, NASAL SPRAY
This medication is typically used to relieve migraines. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
IMPORTANT: Each bottle contains only a single dose. Do not waste any of the product by spraying it in the air as a test.
This product must be used in one nostril only. To use:
- if necessary, blow your nose gently before using the medication;
- block one nostril, breathe out gently through your mouth and place the tip of the nasal spray in the other nostril;
- keep your head upright and close your mouth - do not tilt your head or lie down;
- spray the medication in one nostril and breathe in gently - do not sniff deeply;
- keep your head upright for a few seconds and breathe in gently through your nose and out through your mouth.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause nasal irritation;
- it may leave an unpleasant taste in the mouth.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Rarely, this product causes potentially severe reactions, mostly if taken at high doses or with some other drugs. If you experience agitation, confusion, diarrhea, fever, tremor and muscular rigidity or contractions you should contact your doctor.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.