TEVA MEXILETINE, 200MG, CAPSULE
This medication is typically used to regulate heart rate. It may also have other uses.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. You should take this medication at approximately the same time each day.
This medication may irritate the stomach, and should be taken with food. It is best to avoid coffee, spicy food or alcohol.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause abdominal discomfort;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may affect coordination and cause clumsiness (ataxia);
- it may cause shakiness.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
Wear a Medic-Alert TM bracelet stating that you are taking this product.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.