SUPREFACT DEPOT, 6.3MG, INJ.IMPLANT
This medication is typically used for the treatment of prostate cancer. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is usually injected under the skin (subcutaneously) by a health professional.
Use this medication regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause hot flashes;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause back pain;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may lower your sex drive (libido);
- it may cause difficulty with erection.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not allow it to freeze and keep it out of reach of young children.
Although the drugs you are taking are intended to help you, they can be harmful to those around you. Make sure that a professional who oversees your treatment has given you all the necessary precautions.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.