NIX, 5%, CREAM
This medication is typically used for the treatment of scabies.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be applied to the skin. To use:
- bathe or shower, then dry yourself thoroughly;
- apply the medication all over your body, from your neck to your toes;
- leave the medication on for 12 hours, then rinse it off thoroughly.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
This medication is typically used as a single application. It is to be used once and then again 7 days later.
To avoid re-infection, thoroughly clean and vacuum the entire house. Wash the bedding and clothing of the person who has been treated. Also, wash all used bath towels and dry them in the dryer for at least 30 minutes.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- occasionally, it may cause stinging and/or itching;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.