VENTOLIN NEBULES, 2MG/ML, INH. NEBULE
This medication contains a bronchodilator (it dilates the bronchi). Typically, it is used to control asthma symptoms or for the prevention of exercise-induced asthma. It may also be used for emphysema or for chronic bronchitis. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
This product must be inhaled by mouth. Carefully follow the package's instructions. If needed, ask your pharmacist for additional information or for a demonstration.
Depending on the treated condition, this medication may be used regularly or only as needed. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause palpitations (rapid and strong heart beat);
- it may irritate your throat;
- it may cause shakiness.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.