NIZORAL TOPICAL, 2%, SHAMPOO
This medication contains a topical antifungal drug. Typically, it is used for dandruff. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is a shampoo. To use it :
- apply the shampoo to wet hair;
- massage vigorously, and lather with a small amount of water
- leave on the hair for about 5 minutes
- rinse the hair thoroughly.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes.
This medication is typically used only once a week. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used only as needed.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- it may cause local irritation.
This product does not require any specific storage precaution. Make sure that it is not confused with other non-medicated shampoos.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.