BETASERON, 0.3MG, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used for multiple sclerosis. It may also have other uses.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time.
Use this medication regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this. If you drink alcohol, a moderate consumption is recommended. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor to find out exactly how much alcohol you can drink.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause diarrhea or constipation, depending on the person;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause flu-like symptoms;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Some of the side effects listed above (such as headaches and flu-like symptoms) can be treated with acetaminophen. Check with your doctor or pharmacist to see whether acetaminophen is a suitable treatment for your symptoms.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.