ESTRING, 2MG, VAGINAL RING
This medication contains hormones (estrogens). Typically, it is used for atrophic vaginitis (thinning and drying of the vagina, often due to aging or menopause) or for problems of the urethra. It may also be used as a female sex hormone supplement. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This ring must be deeply inserted in the vagina. Its optimal position is simply the one which is the most comfortable. Once in place, it releases minute amounts of hormones during 3 months. After 3 months, it must be replaced with a new ring. Unless it causes discomfort, there is no need to remove it during sexual relations. If you remove it or it falls out, simply rinse in in warm water and reinsert it. Do not use hot water.
This product must be used according to the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. For more information, read the instructions in the package carefully.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause vaginal discharge;
- it may cause vaginal discomfort;
- it may cause vaginitis in woman.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.