CYTOVENE, 500MG, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used for an eye infection caused by cytomegalovirus (CMV). It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This drug can, on occasion, be administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a doctor or a nurse, but can also be used at home. If you are taking this drug at home, make sure that the health care facility overseeing your treatment has provided you with all the necessary information regarding its administration. It is very important that you comply with the directions for use to fully benefit from the effects of this drug and to limit any adverse reactions.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause a fever;
- it may cause vomiting;
- it may cause anemia (low red blood cells);
- it may lower your white blood cell count, which can lead to fever, chills, sore throat or infections -- if you experience any of these symptoms, contact your doctor right away;
- it can lower blood platelet count, which could lead to increased bleeding.
Respect the provided storage instructions for this product. If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method during treatment and men who are taking the medication should use an effective contraceptive method during treatment and for several months after the end of it. Ask your healthcare professional for details.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.