NEORAL, 25MG, CAPSULE
This medication is typically used for rheumatoid arthritis. It may also be used for psoriasis, as well as for other uses. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect within a few hours.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
The capsule of this medication should not be opened, crushed or chewed. It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand.
You should take this medication at approximately the same time each day. This medication may be taken with or without food.
Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice during your treatment. Grapefruit can seriously affect how this medication works.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause unwanted hair growth;
- it may increase your blood pressure;
- rarely it may affect your kidneys, causing symptoms such as a decrease in urine volume and unusual tiredness -- if you experience any of these symptoms, seek medical assistance immediately;
- it may cause headaches;
- in rare cases it may cause your gums to become swollen or sensitive -- see your dentist for your scheduled check-ups;
- it may cause shakiness.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
This agent may reduce your body's ability to fight infections. It is recommended that you contact your doctor if you experience signs of infections like fever and chills since some users have developed serious infections. Many vaccines must be avoided during your treatment - be sure to mention it to your health professionals.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.