R N' C SHAMPOO, 3+24MG/ML, SHAMPOO
This medication is typically used for the treatment of head lice. It may also have other uses.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be applied to the hair. To use:
- apply to DRY hair;
- work the medication into the hair;
- leave on for 10 minutes;
- lather with a bit of water, then rinse it off thoroughly.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
After treatment, comb your hair carefully with a fine comb to remove all nits. This is easier if the hair is wet. Thoroughly clean any materials and clothing, including hats and scarves that may have been in contact with the lice. Wash these items in warm water or have them dry-cleaned.
This medication is typically used as a single application. Is is to be used once and then again 7 or 9 days later. Follow the instructions provided by your pharmacist.
To avoid re-infection, thoroughly clean and vacuum the entire house. Wash the bedding and clothing of the person who has been treated. Also, wash all used bath towels and dry them in the dryer for at least 30 minutes.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause local irritation.
This product does not require any specific storage precaution. Make sure that it is not confused with other non-medicated shampoos.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.