NICORETTE, 4MG, GUM
This product contains nicotine, a substance present in cigarettes. Typically, it is used to help quit smoking.
How to use this medication
This pharmacologic treatment should be an integral part of a global treatment program that could include supportive psychological, educational or other measures.
Use this product according to the package's instructions.
This cigarette substitute contains nicotine. Refrain from smoking during the entire time you are using this substitute.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause hiccups;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may increase your appetite;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may increase your heart rate.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.